FRANK Gallery collects art supplies for UNC Cancer patients this holiday season
Help bring in the holiday season with FRANK! Once again, FRANK will be collaborating with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the N.C. Cancer Hospital to collect new art supplies for the Expressive Arts Program. The program gives UNC cancer patients and caregivers the opportunity to express themselves through art.
On December 8th at the Franklin Street location, FRANK will host a holiday party and kickoff event, there will be a bin for art supply donations. Items may be dropped off prior to the event and throughout the month of December. Please contact Natalie Knox, gallery manager, at 919-636-4135 or email@example.com with questions or for more information about the event.
During your visit please check out the exhibit: Drawn Together, featuring artists Jean LeCluyse, Aggie Zed, and Kiki Farish. This show will run through December 22nd and will be the last exhibit in the Franklin Street location. FRANK will have a grand re-opening February 9th, 2018 in our new beautiful space in University Place Mall on South Estes Drive in Chapel Hill. We have a pop-up exhibit there through Dec 24, 2017. Check it out!
Suggested donations for the Resource Center Mobile Art Cart include:
· Art project kits with all supplies included
· Beads, especially crystal, for jewelry-making
· Other jewelry-making tools and supplies
· Spools of ribbon, wire, string, etc.
· Photo frame cards (white or cream with die cut photo window)
· Hardcover journals and sketchbooks (new)
· Scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies (new)
· “Bling” stickers and holiday sticker sheets
· Paints and brushes
· Canvases (new)
· Large plain muslin tote bags or aprons for craft projects·